We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

Southampton, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

We collected our car with the wing mirror smashed. Our calls and e-mails have gone unanswered and this is a totally cowboy outfit. We are in the process of civil litigation in the small claims court as the company will not even discuss the issue with us.

From reading other posts on trip advisor it seems ours was not a unique experience when using this company. AVOID!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

Hopeless! We booked Gatwick Parking 24-7 valet parking. We followed their instructions & rang 25 minutes before reaching the car park, again 5 minutes before and again when we arrived. Each time they said a driver was on his way. No driver appeared. Their mobile number was turned off - we tried it many times - and calls to their landline were just put on hold for ever. I left a message saying they had let us down badly and about an hour after they should have met us some idiot from the company rang me and shouted at me that it was my fault they hadn't turned up. I had to pay for the Short term car park but anything would be great value compared with Gatwick Parking 24-7. Like you, I have had no answers to my emails to them. Their "head office" in Regent Street probably just a postal service. These spineless cowboys are a waste of space. I'll stick to the official Gatwick car parks in future. They are well run, good value and if anything goes wrong they have the guts to reply to complaints.

Stamford, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

Avoid at all costs! Rip off merchants and con artists! I turned up at 3am for prebooked parking to be told they wouldn't be able to take my car as they were fully booked! Refused to refund my money and offered me a weeks free parking for up to a year...! I will NEVER use this company again!!!

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SCAM

Worse company ever. I booked with them and when I tried to call them on route the mobile was not working. When I turned up at airport they were not there. When I called their costumer services which was meant to be open 24 hours a day they were closed !!!

I had to park my car in long stay parking

since then I have emailed and tried to get through to them but heard nothing. I will be reporting them to trading standards

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY RIP YOU OFF AND SCAM YOU

Hampshire
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

Having had a bad experience with a meet and greet firm I investigated this industry and it seems that anyone who can set up a website can operate as a meet and greet firm. There are a lot of cowboys. The company we booked had an address which I Googled and it turned out to be a small semi on an estate in Crawley. Goodness knows where they kept my car which was brought back to us covered in dust. Meet and Greet once meant that an operative was standing waiting for you when you drove into the airport and your car was waiting for you when you came home. Not any more - now it involves a lot of waiting and walking miles with your bags. The firm we booked with last time had a clause (not previously advised) that if your plane was late and you arrived after midnight they would surcharge you £10.00. Our plane was slightly late but we arrived at the meeting point at 11.48 - and then waited 25 minutes for the car to turn up having rung them 45 minutes earlier and ten minutes earlier as requested. The driver then demanded the additional £10 even though it was him who was late. Needless to say - we did not pay him and will not be using that firm again. Moral of the story is to make sure the firm you book with are genuine, reputable and have their own storage area. Google maps are great for this.

Edited: 26 July 2015, 10:37
Rainham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

Bit of a shame to hear all these comments, ive been using 24/7 parking on 6 trips abroad last year and they were fab, did have a couple of instances where they may have been a little delayed answering the phone, but this was due to being bogged down, but overall the company worked really well for us..........

Car came back in one piece and we even had a free wash one trip as the owner wanted to keep the boys busy!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

These people are a disgrace, avoid at all costs.

7. Re: Gatwick Parking 24-7 (Meet and Greet service)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2016, 07:18