We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highclere Castle Area Stay for week

CT, U.S.A.
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Highclere Castle Area Stay for week

Flying to London (been there) and renting a car to go to Highclere for a September reservation. Suggestions of where to base ourselves for sightseeing in the area - about 4 days.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highclere Castle Area Stay for week

The Highclere website has some ideas:

highclerecastle.co.uk/visiting-us/where-to-s…

In your place my choice would depend on what else I was intending to see/do, say roughly an hour or so's drive from most places.

I've just looked at my map and see that the Sandham Memorial Chapel is close to Highclere. If you don't know of it, it is well worth a visit (reopens August):

nationaltrust.org.uk/sandham-memorial-chapel/

Essex
Level Contributor
30,093 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highclere Castle Area Stay for week

Newbury, Devizes or Hungerford.

3. Re: Highclere Castle Area Stay for week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:17