We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation booking sites

Narooma, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation booking sites

We are self drive travelling in Ireland, Scotland and England in September/October. Accommodation in Dublin, Edinburgh and London is already booked and we are hoping to wing it the rest of the time.

Here in Oz I would jump on Wotif to find somewhere last minute to stay, do you have recommendations for a similar site in the UK?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation booking sites

I don't know your dates, so this may not be relevant - in England the last week of October is a school holiday at most schools so 25 October on is likely to be busier than earlier. I'm not aware of the holiday patterns in the other countries at this period, but do know there are differences at other times so there may be other busy periods in your stay.

I can't help with booking sites, sorry.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation booking sites

Try www.booking.com or Tourist Informaation offices in the areas that you are travelling through if you want to take a chance!

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
414 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation booking sites

I second booking.com and also recommend venere.com. I use them both when in the UK. We tend to make up our trip as we go along. I will say that, in general, the further ahead you can book, the less expensive the rooms will be. You can keep everything last minute, but it will probably cost a little bit more.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,767 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation booking sites

I also recommend www.booking.com

Look out for the hotels etc that offer free cancellation.

P.S. And as advised above, the further you book in advance the cheaper it will be.

I got a room in the 5* Hilton in Rotterdam (yes, I know it's a different country!) for €80 inc. breakfast when I booked several months in advance. If you had booked a couple of weeks in advance you would have been looking at paying €200 ish!!

Edited: 12 July 2014, 17:36
Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation booking sites

There is Trivago.co.uk and Trivago.com which will provide the price from 198 booking websites (they often differ, sometimes by quite a bit). It is also worth checking if booking direct with the hotel or hotel chain can save money. In the case of Premier Inns this is quite likely. Travelodge, another chain of basic hotels, may not be listed on external booking sites.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 18:03
6. Re: Accommodation booking sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16