We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

Coming from Canada and taking my 11 year old die hard LFC fan to the Southampton Game on Aug 17. It looks like I can get a train from Victoria Station to Lime Street Station but from there, looking for advice. I'm thinking taxi or bus but would appreciate some insight as this is my first trip to the area. Thanks in advance...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

www.liverpoolfc.com/travel/getting-to-anfield

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

Are you staying in Manchester or flying into Manchester Airport and going straight to Liverpool for the match?

You can get a train from Manchester Airport to Liverpool, or if you are already staying in Manchester you can also catch a train from Manchester Piccadilly.

Check train times and fares here:

www.nationalrail.co.uk

In fact I've just checked and there are engineering works on the line between Manchester Victoria and Liverpool on Sunday 17th August, so just get a train from Piccadilly.

The express trains from Piccadilly also stop at Manchester Oxford Road station, but if you get a train from here make sure you don't end up on a much slower service operated by Northern Rail that stops at every station from Manchester to Liverpool. It's a long tedious journey and most of the trains they use aren't fit for purpose!

From Liverpool Lime Street station you can get a taxi to Anfield. There are 2 ranks a the station - one on either side of the main concourse. Just follow the queues!

Or you can get the 917 Soccerbus from behind St George's Hall which is directly opposite Lime Street station, or get the 17 from Queens Square bus station next to St George's Hall:

merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/…29.pdf

merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/…29.pdf

Edited: 10 August 2014, 12:14
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

P.S. and don't forget that the match is a 1.30pm kick off.

I would aim to get the First Transpennine Express service from Piccadilly at 10.12am which will get you into Liverpool at 11am.

There is a Northern Rail service from Piccadilly at 10.01am which starts at Manchester Airport, but it gets you into Liverpool at 11.04am.

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

Thanks so much for additional info. Looking into train tickets now.

5. Re: Getting to Anfield from Manchester Victoria Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16