We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week trip

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
1 week trip

Hello, I am planning a 7-8 day trip to UK. As we have been to London a few times, would prefer to travel to Scotland during our trip. Planning 3 days in London, and have to decide about the remaining 4-5 days.

Travelling with an infant so dont want to go to too many places.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week trip

After London two options come to mind. Take the train to Edinburgh and do day trips from there or fly to Inverness, hire a car at the airport and do day trips from there

Essex
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week trip

Why not just by-pass London, fly to Edinburgh/Glasgow/wherever (even if that means you have to book a connecting flight) and start there??

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week trip

Have a couple of days work in London but dont need to be there post that.

A friend also suggested doing 2 days Edinburgh & 2 days Inverness.

DO you think that is doable or am I taking too much considering I have an infant travelling with me.

Any suggestions on what we shouldnt miss out on Edinburgh?

Essex
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week trip

AH! OK!!

I would just spend the 4 days in Edinburgh as there is plenty there to see and do and moving base-to-base with a little'un is a bit of a chore..... You could always do a day trip on the train to Glasgow, it takes about 1 hour. Alternatively go down to where the Royal Yacht Britannia is and also see the Forth Bridge close up and the exhibition, have an icecream by the water, it is supposedly nice...

5. Re: 1 week trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16