We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnd experiences

Lincoln,California
Level Contributor
66 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Airbnd experiences

Has anyone used Airbnd to secure reservations for a vacation stay?

I will be visiting Europe for about 1 month going to multi countries on my own. I have decided to use Airbnd if no one has any really bad stuff to say about it.

All the apts. on this site are very reasonable and many centrally located. The biggest plus for me is you can find private apts for rent for less than $100 USD. The reviews are great and the pictures and amenities help a lot in making my decision easier.

I am bringing my husband who is not thrilled about going so I want it to be as relaxed and homey as possible. A month in a hotel would not work for him.

Any past experience you have with Airbnd would be appreciated.

The website is https://www.airbnd.com/

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
437 reviews
from US$104.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$100.10*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbnd experiences

Are you thinking of www.airbnb.com ? If so then there are mixed views on the website and flats. I dislike that the specific locations are not given up front and that rates are not posted in the local currency. There seems to be little control over subletting as well, whether complete flats or for shared accommodation.

The premise strikes me as ultimately dodgy, and I would not choose to book with the website. Other' views will vary.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbnd experiences

We used airbnb for our trip to Europe last year for a family of four. We only looked at flats that had lots of reviews and make sure you read them carefully as they throw up some interesting stuff- noise, construction, no lifts. We also made sure that the photos were airbnb verified. We had a very positive experience and we used them in 6 cities. The hosts were all lovely and helpful.

Lincoln,California
Level Contributor
66 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbnd experiences

I am finding exactly what you are saying in your reply. Verified photos. I will definitely take your advice. Glad you had a positive experience.

Lincoln,California
Level Contributor
66 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbnd experiences

Yes, that is the website. I was able to change currency to USD with this website and I like the fact that it gave you a local location with a pin point. When I am interested in a place I contacted the owner for the exact address. I will do more research after reading your comments. I have only seen one negative review so far. I may also try to contact previous renters if it is possible. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

5. Re: Airbnd experiences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:15