We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddington Station

Queensland...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Paddington Station

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be coming into Paddington on the Heathrow Express, and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how far it is from Paddington to Northumberland Place in Notting Hill. Is it within walking distance, as it doesn't look too far on the map, but this could be deceiving. Info I can find says the nearest tube station to Northumberland Pl. is Westbourne Park, which on my map doesn't look a whole lot closer. If the distance from Paddington is too far to walk, can I get the tube from Paddington to Westbourne Pk? Thanks for any advice, as I haven't a clue about the London tube system!

Maz.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Cardiff
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddington Station

If you've got luggage then it will feel like a long walk. To be honest, with the price rises on the Tube, it may be cost effective to hire a taxi for the two of you. After all, you have already invested in two tickets for the Heathrow Express.

If you are travelling light, I know there is a bus service to Ladbroke Grove that passes in front of Paddington Station, which I'm sure passes the top of Northumberland Place.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddington Station

It would be about a 2 km walk. The walk from Westbourne Park would be less than 1 km. Westbourne Park is 2 stops from Paddington on the Hammersmith & City tube line.

Independence...
Level Contributor
508 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddington Station

Check out this site, it is a journey planner for London.

…tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

After you open go to More Options. there you can check the mode of transporation (except cab) that you want. I think you can also do by street address but I have not done all my research on from/to, only the hotel one.

by using this I found the stop I need was only one from Paddington.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,438 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddington Station

A single zone 1 tube ticket is now £4 so a taxi would be much cheaper at around £5 or 6 for two.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddington Station

Thanks for your help everyone, and thanks for the site pennymb. I see a long day in front of the computer ahead of me with more chores left undone!! lol

6. Re: Paddington Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 06:20