We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disley- Peak Ave etc

new orleans
Level Contributor
146 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Disley- Peak Ave etc

I have a friend who has a house in Disley that we may use for part of holiday. I am not familiar with that part of England. I would like advise on how to and where to. We will be there around the 1-9 Dec. I can stay there a few days. Can you tell me what day out trips can be made from Disley (I have a hire car) . I arrive in UK 29 Nov stay in London till 2Dec go to Leighton Buzzard for a day or two to visit friends and then have the remainder unplanned. I was intending to do Bath and South but suddenly changed plans. HELP!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disley- Peak Ave etc

If we are speaking of Disley near Stockport on the A6 main road you are very near Lyme Hall, which if you like country walks, deer, moorland, historic houses, etc would be worth a couple of days at least.

Then there is the rest of the Peak District - Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Bakewell, the Hope valley, up to a day each depending if you wish to drive through or stop and look.

Castleton is a little further away and has caverns.

You can go into Manchester on the train or drive to Buxton for the Opera House.

2. Re: Disley- Peak Ave etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:17