We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Stadiums

11 posts
Save Topic
Football Stadiums

We are travelling to England (London and Birmingham areas) in the middle of June for 2 weeks. My son, age 8, is a big fan of British premier leagues. We would love to see some of the stadiums while we are there. Any suggestions of football stadiums?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,306 Reviews
from US$128.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
479 Reviews
from US$106.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,099 Reviews
from US$135.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$338.00*
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football Stadiums

Most teams do tours. Have a look here for some

You may just manage to get tickets this close. Otherwise try phoning the stadium directly.

Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
469 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football Stadiums

What a shame that the season has finished!

I recommend that you pay a visit to Villa Park in Birmingham. Aston Villa is one of the oldest and greatest football teams (you may by now detect a hint of bias here...), and the place has a great air of history about it.

There are also some very impressive grounds in London, but obviously inhabited by inferior teams ;)

Wherever you choose, it's important that you check the website, see what is happening, and make sure that some sort of guided tour is available. Football grounds here are fortress-like (a sad legacy from the bad times of the 80s when there was a lot of crowd trouble), and you won't even be able to catch a glimpse of the pitch if you arrive when everything is closed.

If I can help, let me know.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football Stadiums

In those areas Midlands first : Aston Villa and Birmingham in Birmingham and West Bromwich Albion in West Bromwich about 5 miles from the other 2. In London you have Arsenal,Charlton,Chelsea, Fulham, and Tottenham (Spurs).

Being a west brom fan then I'm biaised, but then Chelsea are the premier league champions......

Obviously the football season has finished here so I don't know if the stadiums are open?

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football Stadiums

Thanks for all your information. I will definately look into them.

Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football Stadiums

in london i would go to the arsenal ground this year as it is very historical and it is closing next year.