We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student discount passes

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Student discount passes

I'll be visiting the U.K. for 2 weeks in July and will have my 3 kids, age 18, 21 and 24 with me. Will they be eligible for any student discounts if they show their student activity cards from colleges they are attending in the United States? Most of our admissions will be covered under the Great British Heritage Pass but I'm looking for any additional savings, especially in London where the GBHP doesn't cover entrance to many of the popular attractions.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student discount passes

In theory most places that offer student discount are supposed to ask for UK student ID or an ISIC (international student ID) card. You can buy an ISIC card on line. In practice my experience is in touristy places, and especially in London, any student ID will be accepted (as long as it doesn't look home made)!

I don't know specifically what a "student activity" card is BTW, I'm just assuming it is some kind of ID which has a photograph on and shows they are a fulltime student.

Not every attraction offers a student discount. It is at their discretion. Look at the websites of individual sights for this information.

Have you heard about the 2 for 1 travel by train discounts? Search this forum if not.

2. Re: Student discount passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 12:31