We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights, 3 1/2 days--Where to stay??

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights, 3 1/2 days--Where to stay??

We are flying into Heathrow after an 11 night Cruise---London is our daughter's dream, though none of us like big cities. I think she just wants to walk around and see the sights she sees in the One Direction videos! We arrive very late Saturday night and our flight back to the US leaves early Wednesday evening. We have tickets for the Globe Sunday night. I love the english countryside, and have been through the Cotswolds previously. The green is soothing to my soul. Our daughter is 15, she hasn't seen Bath or Stonehenge---though I'm not sure it is something she has to do. We love memorable sights and natural beauty. Our choices are: stay in London Central 4 nights and either take the train, or a tour out to the country 1 day; stay in the city 2 nights, and pick up a car and head to the countryside for the remaining 2 nights; find someplace to stay just outside the City, renting a car, take the train/tube into the city Sunday and make day trips the remainder of our time. Thoughts?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
716 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights, 3 1/2 days--Where to stay??

I would stay in London for two nights, then hire a car for two days and stay in the country (but spend your last night near Heathrow). Or, if you'd rather not drive, stay in London for four nights and do a day trip or two to the country. I wouldn't stay just outside of the city - too much hassle and I think your daughter would appreciate the experience of staying in London proper.

2. Re: 4 nights, 3 1/2 days--Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:15