We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on itinerary

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on itinerary

Hello guys!

I will be arriving oto London Stansend on december 20th. I am traveling with my girlfriend.

I have been to london before (but did no spend much time) and my gf has never been.

We will be staying until december 29th.

We are both 22 years old.

We definitely want to go to stonehenge. And i will love to see the beautiful cliffs.

Should we focus only on southern england or do we have time to maybe head up to scotland?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on itinerary

Nothing will be open on Christmas Day. Boxing Day - things will be partially open.

Allowing for arriving/departing plus Christmas you have a week. That definitely isn't enough time to go to Scotland. If I were you, I would do 5 days in London plus 2 excursions. What do you want to see in London?

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on itinerary

Agreed.

If you're good walkers, you can do The Seven Sisters hike from Seaford to Eastbourne in a day. Plenty of buses if you get tired. Trains to both from Victoria.

Mike

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on itinerary

We will be arriving early on the 20th. I believe 9 or 10 am. (From madrid) i have an option for a open jaw flight.

We could see/do as much in london as we can the 20th 21st 22n and 23rd?? Then maybe take the excursions or just rent a car an go on our own?????

In london we want to see the park, the palace change of guard, london eye parliament.

Then maybe the 24th drive on our own?

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on itinerary

Are you confident with driving on the other side of the road on possibly icey/snowy roads? I don't know where you plan to drive but public transport may be easier. Over the Christmas period, you'll need to have booked hotels before you set off.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,230 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on itinerary

Which "cliffs" and which "park" do you want to see?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help on itinerary

I lived in Australia for 2 years so i feel confortable driving however i hadnt considered the icy roads. I suggested renting a car because of everythig being closed.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help on itinerary

But you need to understand that on Christmas, a lot will be closed. Restaurants, shops, stores. Where to you propose to drive?

You will have very short, gray days--sunrise at 8:00, sunset at 4:00.

Many Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners are booked months in advance. You might want to think about where you will be.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help on itinerary

London has many parks .. it sounds to me as though a little time googling and reading other threads on here by visitors in the past would help you. When you say "the cliffs", what do you mean.. I presume you mean Dover? www.nationaltrust.org.uk/white-cliffs-dover/

Unless you are lucky with the weather, this might not be the best time of year to go..

9. Re: Need help on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:21