We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where was I?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Topic
Where was I?

After another wonderful holiday, I left Heathrow at 12 noon on Saturday on my way to Singapore. But I am confused. What was I looking at? Not long after take off - probably about 10 minutes - I thought I saw the wonderful formal gardens of Hampton Court Palace then the Palace itself. But next was something that looked like the London Eye, so it couldn't have been Hampton Court Palace.

In order, I saw the formal gardens, the palace or stately building enclosing a grassed courtyard (this was along a river), then an 'eye' on the opposite side of the river. And I hadn't had anything to drink!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas? If so, I can look it up on Google Maps. I don't want another sleepless night.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where was I?

Was the building the Tower of London ? (opposite side from the Eye, used to be a palace, has lawns).

If you look on Multimap.com this has aerial photos that can be overlaid on a map, this may help you !

2. Re: Where was I?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 06:24