We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yorkshire

Minneapolis...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Yorkshire

I'm planning a trip to Yorkshire and I have 2 questions. Which city ( Leeds or York) makes a better base for day trips to other Yorkshire cities? Also, should I plan nights in both Leeds and York or just day trip to one from the other? Thanks for the tips.

Gerry

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yorkshire

Have to agree with Morgana.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Yorkshire

PS Perhaps SGRock is no longer interested in our thoughts on his query since he hasn't bothered to get back since November.

Pisgah Forest...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Yorkshire

Actually we were there and stayed in Penrith, near Keswick, and absolutely loved it. The Lake district National Park is beautiful, and it was a very short drive from there to York, Leeds, and even Edinburgh. Beautiful drives complete with sheep being herded by locals and their border collies right across the road.

14. Re: Yorkshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:18