We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transport

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Airport transport

Hi, I have a 7am flight from Heathrow and curremtly am staying in Golders Green. I was wondering if it's better to go there the night before and sleep in the airport or just wake up very early?

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,362 Reviews
from US$130.70*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,130 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.80
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$117.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$348.00*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,530 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transport

On what date will your flight depart from Heathrow, with what airline have you booked and to what destination? Sleeping at the terminal buildings is not recommended; you could book a four hour block at the Yotel or an inexpensive room at the Ibis Budget or Travelodge in Hounslow and travel to the airport very early on the morning of departure.

Where in Golders Green is your start point?

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transport

I am leaving on 27.12. with British Airways to Vienna and my starting point is near Golders Green tube station.

Thank you for help :)

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transport

I'd go for staying near the airport, given that you will have a minimum check in time to observe and that post-Christmas delays can't be ruled out on public transport

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transport

I wouldn't risk getting stuck in traffic, even though its really early I'd stay at the airport. We've used Yotel before and its not a lot of space in there but beds are comfy and you can have a nice shower before getting on the plane. Best option I think and its amazing to just walk out the door and be at the airport.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transport

I've never used Yotel before, do I need to book it in advance?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transport

I've never used Yotel before, do I need to book it in advance?

======

Well, its the same as any hotel, that depends if you want to chance arriving at the hotel and finding its full with people who DID book it before. If it is full there will be plenty of other hotels in the vicinity but I wouldn't want to be wandering round looking for one, booking would seem to be a no-brainer ?

Why would you not wish to book it beforehand?

7. Re: Airport transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17