We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Brighton

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Day trips from Brighton

Hello,

I was hoping to take a few day trips from Brighton and travel to different places around England. Any suggestions? I have already done the major tourist attractions in London.

Thanks!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
Mayor's Honorary Guides
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Brighton

There are tons of brilliant places you could visit as a day trip from Brighton. It really depends on your interests and whether you have your own transport. History? Walking? Gardens? Shopping? Beaches? Nature? Give us some clues...

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Brighton

I would have to use my own transportation. I would say my main interests of things to see would be history, gardens, and nature. Thanks!

Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Brighton

In no particular order I would take a look at: Portsmouth Old Town and Historic Docks; Arundel - pretty town, Castle, Wildfowl & Wetland Centre, Lewes - charming town, Gardens - Sissinghurst, Wakehurst Place, Nymans, High Beeches, West Dean (my favourite); Chichester - another charming town with cathedral, Hastings, Amberley - pretty downland village ("the pearl of the South Downs"); Seven Sisters Country Park. These are just for starters. Happy to elaborate on anything if you wish.

Have a great trip - this is a fabulous part of the UK.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Brighton

There are coach trips most days run by Brighton and Hove Buses. Get the brochure from their shop, One Stop Travel, 26 North Street (half-way up on the south side) and book in advance. Book at the shop or look and book online at buses.co.uk >> Days Out (or http://bookings.buses.co.uk/diary is best)

Or use the service buses, for example a 12, along the coast road to Eastbourne, is very good. Get a 1-day Saver ticket and hop-on and hop-off at places en route like the Cuckmere valley, Seven Sisters Country Park, and Beachy Head (12X only).

Their "Breeze up to the Downs" services run on bank holidays and weekends - 77 to Devil's Dyke, 78 to Stanmer Park and 79 to Ditchling Beacon. Download the 3 leaflets at http://www.buses.co.uk/trips/breeze.aspx or from their shop, One Stop Travel, 26 North Street, Brighton. Make sure you buy a 1-day Saver ticker for best value.

5. Re: Day trips from Brighton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:16