We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,619 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

In between Oxford and London, I'm looking to spend 2 nights this July at a country house hotel where I can lounge outside in a garden reading or strolling if the weather is nice or inside by a fire if not. A spa for massages would be a bonus. Budget is ideally up to 300 pounds per night.

I've looked at Manoir aux Quat' Saisons but the only rooms available on my dates are 900 pounds per night!! Lords of the Manor looks very promising, but is sold out. Barnsley House also looks good, but they're not taking arrivals on the date I need. Gidleigh Park is a bit too far off my route, I think, as are most of the other recommendations in previous threads. Calcote Manor, affiliated with Barnsley House, is available, looks good and is within my budget.

Any other suggestions? (Thanks in advance!)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,941 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

http://www.clivedenhouse.co.uk/

danesfieldhouse.co.uk/about-us/image-gallery

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

Hi there,take a look at Hartwell House & Spa near to Aylesbury,Bucks and Pennyhill Park hotel & Spa in Bagshot,Surrey......

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

It has to be Cliveden (and watch the film 'Scandal' first). But he would say that...

4. Re: Country house hotel w/ great food, between Oxford & London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19