I´m a Spanish teacher of English. In order to practise my English this summer (and hoping to find native English-speakers that I wouldn´t really find if I took a summer English course), I've decided to go on a holiday by myself. I'm very keen on walking/hiking/trekking so I've thought of going on an arranged walking holiday.
I´ve found a couple of companies that seem to have interesting offers: HF Holidays and Ramblers Worldwide Holiday. I'd appreciate some advice from people who have been on these holidays before:
- Will I get a good chance of socialising with fellow walkers? (As there's a house as a base and there are evening activities and so on, I imagine this would be the case).
- I imagine these holidays will attract mainly native English-speakers. Is this so?
- Should I expect to find mainly families or groups of friends (who might tend to socialise less with people who go solo?)
- I've read a review that mentions the high average age of the people in this type of holidays. I'm 41 and am happy to mingle with people of all ages, but I wouldn't choose to join a holiday that attracts mainly senior citzens (if you see what I mean!).
- There are some GUIDED WALKING FOR SOLOS. Would this be a better option?
I'll be really grateful to people who can help me out!