We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a trip to England

Boca Raton, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Help with a trip to England

I am planning a trip to England. I would like to spend 2 days in London (have visited London before) and then leave the city to see Windsor Castle, Bath, Oxford,Blenheim Palace, a little of the Cotswolds, maybe Warwick Castle, ( any other must see you would recommend or is there something I should delete) and back to London. I would not plan on renting a car so I am looking to do public transport or a tour/tours. I am not a fancy traveller. Any suggestions? What months would you recommend to do the trip?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a trip to England

Best get a guide book - we don't know what sort of things that you like (or dislike).

As for months - do you want long days, long nights, warmish weather, Christmas lights....?

Let us know.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a trip to England

< I would not plan on renting a car >

I would rent for at least the Cotswolds, i might even consider it for most of the trip given that you are going across country even though Bath & Oxford are a PITA for parking

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with a trip to England

September is my favourite month in the UK

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,693 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with a trip to England

I would agree with September.

You could do all the places you mentioned by public transport or tours. If you stayed overnight in Bath you could then get a good length of day with a tour of the Cotswolds.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with a trip to England

Visiting Windsor Castle:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c157824/Winds…

Getting there by train:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c157699/Winds…

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with a trip to England

I agree with Suebovington. For this year September. The school holidays are over and the weather can be good if you are lucky. For 2015 May or June before the school holidays start.

7. Re: Help with a trip to England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:16