We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tentative itinerary

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tentative itinerary

Hello,

My husband and I, will be travelling to UK in Sep 14. We will be spending some days in London and Bath (incl Cotswold). We want to go to Dublin for ~3 days from Bath. Now, the confusion is whether to stopover at Bristol and spend a day there before flying out to Dublin or not. After coming back from Ireland, we are looking forward to visiting Oxford and Cambridge. We would have loved to go up north to York or even Liverpool, but I don't think time will permit us to do that. We have a total of 5 days after Bath before we fly out.

Plz advise.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tentative itinerary

It depends, really, on how long "so e days" are and what your interests are. Bristol is a lively, pleasant city with plenty to see (Clifton, M Shed, City Museum, the harbour area, SS Gt Britain to name but a few things) but Bath has a lot to see, too, and London even more so. What do you like to do? Are you flying from London again to leave? As otherwise you might want to see Oxford/Cambs first, then Bath and end in Dubbo?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tentative itinerary

Hello Riostar,

Thanks for your response. We have 2 and a half days in London, before leaving for Bath. We love the outdoors more, but would love to visit museums and cathedrals as well. Yes, we are going to fly back from London. So, we'll have to come back to London from Dublin.

Would you suggest any other place apart from Bristol that we can consider visiting before we fly to Dublin?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tentative itinerary

Dublin is not in the U.K., check if you need a different visa first, I'm not sure.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tentative itinerary

For a bit of extra countryside to go along with these cities maybe Wells and Glastonbury as a day out. Both are set in lovely countryside and are small despite Wells being called a city.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,988 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tentative itinerary

Have you already booked flights to Dublin? If not you could do the return flight to somewhere further north. I'm sure there's Dublin to Liverpool flights (try Ryanair or Easyjet) and Manchester or Newcastle airport would put you on the train line to York. If you flew to Liverpool then Chester would be an alternative to York.

6. Re: Tentative itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17