We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol City FC

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol City FC

Hello All,

Like to take my old dad away every now and then. Have the chance of cheap flight with Ryanair into Bristol. Last time I visited I was able to walk out to Ashton Gate, watched a great game with fantastic atmosphere. Old dad not up to the walk so any information on getting to and from the game by public transport or taxi would be most welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Supervanman.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol City FC

A few buses *should* still make a stop just by the Original 106 FM radio building - which is across the road from Ashton Gate. No time to look now but I will later, unless Shoestring is along today. Taxi won't be too much from the centre, about £7 I'd guess.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol City FC

I am a season ticket holder!

If you're travelling from central Bristol, then a taxi will only cost you £7-£8ish, the buses that go that way are 24 & 25 from outside the new Raddison hotel on the centre, there is a special football bus that goes from the Hippodrome I think, £1 each way. Although I only tend to get that one on the way home so not sure of times going to the ground. After the game 2 buses wait outside the park (behind the Atyeo stand).

Perhaps check out www.otib.co.uk the fans forum, there will definately be someone on there who knows the bus times etc..

You come over much for games?

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol City FC

Many thanks for the info. Only been to Bristol once before and loved it. Have been planning to return since. Use football as an excuse for trips away. Have been all over England and Germany to see games. Find that the atmosphere is much better at clubs that are supported by locals. Been to Villa, Everton and United but had better time at Stockport, Millwall and Bristol City.

Regards,

Supervanman.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
4. Re: Bristol City FC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 06:42