We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
524 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

We are planning a weekend in Bristol & I can't decide between the Bristol Hotel (dockside location) and Future Inn (£70 cheaper but excludes breakfast), We want to be near bars / restaurants but not bothered about shops.

Any thoughts? Also how much is breakfast at Future Inn?

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

Not sure if this is going to be helpful but i recently stayed at the Future inn in Cardiff and thought it was great. The beds were huge, the room spacious and very clean. We were only there for one night but would have been happy to stay longer. The breakfast was very good with all the usual choices full english, pastries, cereal , fruit also pancakes and maple syrup ( to be expected as it's a canadian chain) and i think we paid £8, but i can't really remember the price. We would certainly stay at another Future Inn.

North Wales
Level Contributor
524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

OK Cheers. Have decided on Future Inn. The Bristol is probably a better standard & location but is £40 dearer which is a lot in these troulbled times.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
908 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

Gog that is the best choice as the Bristol Hotel overlooks the harbourside which does get rowdy and it isn't the prettiest hotel. The Future Inn is a new kid on the block and links to the Cabot circus shopping centre. I know that you said that you were not interested in shopping but there are lots of restaurants inside it and also a mutliplex cinema and large crazy golf range if you get bored!

North Wales
Level Contributor
524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

We stayed at the Future Inn and to be honest couldn't fault it (although breakfast is a bit pricey and teh fire alarm at 3am didn't help but this wasn't the hotel's fault).

I'd certainly recommend it.

5. Re: Doyles Bristol Hotel or Future Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Bristol