We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silverzone parking

Plymouth
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Silverzone parking

Used silverzone parking 2 years ago, went to book for september, and it says you have to hand your keys in at reception within the carpark and collect when you return.

I never did this 2 years ago, has it changed since then? or did i not hand my keys in when i was ment too?

Chris

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silverzone parking

I had to google "Silverzone parking" to find out what you are on about !

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
855 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silverzone parking

I might be tempted to forget to hand mine over too...or accidentally leave the keys to my wife's car. Lots of places are going for this kind of valet parking these days...I think it is a bit American.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silverzone parking

Just phoned APH parking, and they told me silver zone parking has always been like that - not 2 years ago it wasnt

bristol UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silverzone parking

The silverzone parking is the long stay parking on the far side of the runway from theBristol airport terminal. As far as I am aware from using it several times you normally hand in keys so they can repark the cars (in the same area but closer together). It's possible there may have been occasions when they did it differently but this is not normal.

There is also a long stay car park next to the terminal where you park the car yourself. More expensive but easier.

Pre book for best prices.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silverzone parking

We have been using the Silverzone parking for years and have always had to hand in our keys - I think astans has hit the nail on the head that you perhaps did not use Silverzone but the more expensive self-park option near the airport terminal.

bristol
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silverzone parking

Agree with Riotstar. Have been using Silverzone for many years and always handed my keys in. They also sometimes move the car to a different bay during its stay.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silverzone parking

Thanks for getting back to me, all booked now.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silverzone parking

We used the Silverzone car park recently and never again. Long wet and muddy walk to reception in the middle of the night. When we returned the car was another long wet walk in the opposite direction. It had been very tightly parked by one of their drivers so took a lot of manoeuvring to get out, and had lots of mud in the driver's footwell. This was after a 20 minute wait for a bus from the airport terminal- in the middle of the afternoon, so I was a bit fed up and just wanted to go home. When we picked up the keys a manager was apologising to another customer about the damage that had been caused to his car by the reparking policy. I'll spend the extra few quid on the more expensive car park next time.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silverzone parking

Our car was left unlocked by the silverzone staff and it was parked so close to the next car I had to get in via the passenger door.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Silverzone parking

3/4 years ago we used silver zone.....had to hand keys over......now we always use long stay near the airport slightly more expensive but closer, no need for bus transfer and keys aren't handed over.

Get answers to your questions about Bristol