We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park near Bristol

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to park near Bristol

Hi

I'm coming to Bristol for a 3 day weekend, Fri to Mon, but have heard parking will be a nightmare. Is there anywhere outside Bristol but nearby that is a good place to park? The sort of place that is then a 15min train ride to Bristol city centre? Basically somewhere I can leave my car Friday then get to Bristol easily then pick my car up Sunday (and it still be there!)

Cheers!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park near Bristol

Have you thought about using the Park & Ride service?

http://www.travelbristol.org/parkandride

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
835 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park near Bristol

Getting in and out of Bristol is no problem, the central area is entirely covered by parking restrictions and different ways to pay to stay. But just outside the central area (within walking distance) you can legally park on the street 24-7.

So safer areas, easy bus routes, where your car won't bother anyone... try Bedminster, Lower Knowle, Arno's Vale/Brislington, St Annes, St George, Eastville, Lockleaze, Horfield, Henleaze, Redland,

Just about any of them apart from the main shopping streets have lots of residential areas and many have parks and gardens with mostly empty streets around them. Buses nearly all run to and from the city centre area.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 23:22
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park near Bristol

I really don't think you need to go to the lengths of staying outside Bristol. As shoestring-UK says, there is plenty of free street parking available outside the city centre. Incidentally, don't go trying to leave your car in a Park and Ride for the evening, they all close at 8pm.

Bristol
Level Contributor
9 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park near Bristol

I would recommend parking anywhere off the A38. North of the city that's Bishopston, Redland, Horfield - these are all safe residential areas and if you walk to the A38 (Gloucester Rd) from a residential street you can get several buses which take you into the city centre - 75, 77. Likewise South of Bristol you can park in Bedminster and there is either Parson St station, or Bedminster station which take you into Bristol Temple Meads in a couple of minutes, or you can walk to A38 West St or East St and get bus 75 or 77, or walk into town in 30 mins.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to park near Bristol

Thanks for the tips, Bristol was awesome!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to park near Bristol

Glad you had a good time - where did you park in the end?

7. Re: Where to park near Bristol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:16