We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Bristol?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Bristol?

Hi! I am planning to take a day trip from Bristol to visit Stonehenge and Bath. I am meeting friends for a concert at the Plymouth Pavilions that night (I don't need to be in Plymouth until 7:30 PM). So - would it be better to A) rent a car in Bristol, drive to Stonehenge, then to Bath, return the car in Bristol, and take the train to Plymouth; or B) rent a car in Bristol, drive to Bath, to Stonehenge, drive to Plymouth and drop the car off in Plymouth?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

I'd go for plan A as driving brought Bristol and finding parking in Plymouth can both be annoying plus it will save you the fee for returning the car to a different place.

London
Level Contributor
9,848 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

That looks like an overrcrowded day.... The train journey Bristol to Plymoth is about two hours, so you need to returning the rental car shortly after 1600. That means the trip to Stonehenge and Bath is going to be awfully rushed.....

3. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 10:06
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

Free one way car hire?

Sounds too good to be true, which is why I've reported this post, and you previous posts, for advertising.

Goodbye! ;-)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

I agree with rcspeirs: Stonehenge is an hour from Bath, so 2 hours there and back, plus an hour at the site. Then you have to drive to Bath, park etc - you are certainly not going to see a lot in the city.

IMO you would be better off getting an early train to Bath and spending the day there, skip Stonehenge.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

There are 3 hour coach trips to S'henge, run by Scarper Tours, lasts 3 hours - but as I say it won't leave much time for Bath. For a start, you need to allow 90 minutes at least for the Roman Baths.

7. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 22:05
8. Re: Car Hire in Bristol?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:16