We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

I will be travelling from Bristol airport with my Mother who I will collect from Bristol Parkway. We will need to stay in Bristol overnight as we have an early morning flight.

My Mother needs to catch the train at Bristol Parkway back home again after our trip.

There will not be much time to play with so I need to book somewhere en route to the station so I can drive her straight there without delay. Obviously I don't want somewhere in the opposite direction.

Has anyone any suggestions please?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

Slightly confused, is this your schedule ?

Day 1 pick up your mother at Parkway and stay in hotel/ B&B near the airport

Day 2 fly out early morning

Day x arrive back and stay in hotel near Parkway

Day x+1 mother catches train at Parkway

There is a Holiday Inn about 5 minutes south of Lulsgate (the name locals still use for the airport) which will do fine for the night of Day 1.

Alternatively a B&B, the Fox and Goose is about 5 minutes north of the airport, but there are others, do a search on google.

I suggest you use on-airport parking, or the Silver Zone, all part of official airport parking. There are farms nearby which have converted into car parks, but they have a dodgy reputation, to say the least.

Now to the confused bit: do you need a hotel on the night you arrive back ?

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

Thank you. Confusing I know.

Just one overnight stay on the night before flight.

Because of the reputation of Bristol Parking off site I was interested in recommendations.

I have looked on line but appreciate your comments

Julie

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
839 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

Hotels near the airport are a bit mixed... I guess you are hiring a car overnight and returning it to the airport. Might be cheaper to use taxis. But that said you will get more for your money with the big chain hotels closer to parkway... but watch out for early morning traffic through Bristol... motorway around often works out quicker.

There is a travelodge and holiday inn close to Parkway a couple more at Cribbs Causeway (on your way to the airport from parkway). And if you fancy some bargain hunting you might get a good deal at Holland House in Redcliffe or the Marriot City Centre (don't be fooled it is actually on Castle Park and very nice) but make sure they can accommodate your car too before you part with your cash. The last ones are on the right side of Bristol's center so traffic is going the other way when you are going to the Airport.

Oh I see... you are driving from Camarthen and then looking for a hotel and then going to the airport... that's where your question looks wrong... sounds like you are coming into the airport and then going to get mum. Your way Parkway is on your route... and anywhere from there to the airport is going to make the morning easier. You could even stay at the Town and Country of Fox and Goose and leave your car with them while you are on holiday.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 17:24
4. Re: Bristol Airport/Hotel parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18