We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

Which would be quicker,I am assuming the train. What price could we expect to pay for a taxi ?

Wales
Level Contributor
234 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

There is no train link from Bristol airport to the city centre, but there is an airport bus which is fairly frequent and quick.. Go to Bristol Airport website for details of transport links

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
847 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

The Airport Flyer bus runs 3 times an hour during the day and 2 times and hour during the night... costs about £6-$7 one way and about £10 return... which lasts a month. Taxis at the airport are run by Checker Cars and up to four people and their baggage into Bristol costs between £24 - £30. some of their cars take 5 or 6 passengers but then there is less space for baggage. Obviously a taxi will take you to your door and the flyer follows a fixed route... so if you want to get to the railway station or City Centre/Bus Station that's fine but if you are trying to get to an address in Bishopston or Southmead you would need at least one more bus and then a taxi seems cheaper.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 08:45
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

Thank you.

To get directly to Bath from the airport,do I have to go to Temple Meads station first ?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

Wouldn't really be direct if you had to go to Templemeads first?

There is a direct bus from the aiport to Bath, all this information is on the Bristol Airport website.

bristolairport.co.uk/getting-to-the-airport/…

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

It was too late to edit my post when I realised what I had said. Thanks for info all the same.

6. Re: Taxi/Train from airport to Bristol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:18