We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Am looking to book onsite parking at Bristol airport.

There are two different zones (we are not looking at meet and greet option)

Silver or longstay .

Both are not too bad in price, about £5 difference, what I am looking for though is the nearest to the airport terminal.

Any used these facilities

Wales
Level Contributor
228 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

The long stay at the airport is the most convenient and if you book before the end of this month (andt not limited to January departures) and put in promotion code JAN14 you will get a discount.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,439 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

If it's any help I stay in the Silver Zone and it's always been quick and easy to check the key in and get on the bus which takes about 5mins to get to the airport. The bus drops you right at the door.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

I would take the Long Stay every time. Just a short walk to the Terminal building.

cardiff
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Thanks aguys x

Its the short walk part im after as the info on the Airport page about the bus to and from the terminal says it goes every 20 mins, we would rather walk than wait the 20 mins.

KnowAll, the discount code - Is that booking directly through the airport site x

5. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 17:09
Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Check out APH or Holiday Extras for the best price, even cheaper if booked via Quidco.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Well, there are in fact 3 different zones, there's the Premier Zone as well, which is directly across the road from the terminal but costs over twice as much as the others. That's one for those with the expense accounts, I think. We always use the Long Stay, booked through the airport site, and unless we happen to be by a bus stop when a bus comes past, we always walk. Even if you're at the far end of the car park, it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes. I would never use the Silver Zone, it's not accessed through the airport entrance, it's further along the A38 and it's certainly not walkable.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

No one seems to have mentioned the differences between the two car parks. Long stay is next to the terminal building, you park the car, take your keys and can walk to the terminal building or wait for bus.

Silver zone is on the other side of the runway, you leave your keys and the car will be parked, and you then need to get the bus to the terminal.

Unless cost is the prime concern I would go for the long term.

The code quoted is to book with the airport web site directly, as a guess next month it will be FEB14, it is an ongoing offer.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 11:27
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Used the Silver Parking in the summer- it's on the south side of the airport and you need to get a bus to the airport. In the summer the buses were frequent- but just used Silver Parking again and they are only using one bus for the whole round trip. So you end up waiting ages to ge to the airport and vice versa.

I understand that the local green council are closing all of the small local parking down so that they can rip off the parkers. Not impressed.

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bristol airport on site parking help needed

Did you spot that this post is 11 months old now?