We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Hi,

I'm getting a plane from Newcastle to Bristol and have booked a ticket (via thetrainline) from bristol airport to Cardiff Central. The journey is split into two sections: Bristol Aiport to Temple Meads is via bus and the rest is via train. However, thetrainline haven't given me any info as to which bus or company or anything, so I was wondering if anyone knew which bus this would be? Is it easy to get to from the domestic arrival area?

Thanks,

Laura

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Bristol Flyer: http://flyer.bristolairport.co.uk/

For future reference: (a) don't book tickets from thetrainline. They just charge you extra fees to book tickets that you could just book direct from the train operating companies and (b) There is also a Greyhound bus direct from Bristol Airport to Cardiff which is cheaper than the bus train combo and probably not that different in journey time.

Mentioned in this post
The Greyhound
The Greyhound
1 Review
Bristol, UK
Bristol Airport
Bristol Airport
Bristol, UK
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

It would be the Bristol Flyer Express no doubt. That is the dedicated 24 hour airport service. For most of the day it runs at 10 minute intervals then hourly evening and through the night. You won't have any problem finding the bus stop. It's right in front of the terminal building and is clearly marked Flyer.

Mentioned in this post
The Flyer
The Flyer
166 Reviews
Bristol, UK
Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Bristol flyer is easy and only 7 pounds each way I think. Theres always a bus waiting and if not they're every 10 minutes. Journey is a leather seated bus and only 20-25 minutes :)

Enjoy

Puerto de Mazarron...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

How do we get from Bristol airport to Newport about midnight when the Greyhound stops operating shortly?

Mentioned in this post
The Greyhound
The Greyhound
1 Review
Bristol, UK
Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

…bristolairport.co.uk/timetable_from_bia_mon… Shows weekdays bus times for Flyer; depart Airport 20 minute intervals (hh:10, hh:30; hh:50). 20 minute journey.

Trainline shows service to Newport at 01:37 so you could use 00:50 bus (or earlier) to arriveTemple Meads 01:10. You need to check for specific dates, especially if week-end.

Edited: 24 February 2015, 17:27
Mentioned in this post
The Flyer
The Flyer
166 Reviews
Bristol, UK
Puerto de Mazarron...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Thank you but which train service as GWR is showing a first train at 5.20a.m.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

According to www.nationalrail.co.uk there IS a train departing Bristol Temple Meads at 1.37am.

Whatever you do don't buy tickets from the Trainline mentioned above because they charge unnecessary booking fees that the Train Operating Companies (in this case First Great Western) will not charge.

An Anytime Day Single ticket will cost £11.20 and can be bought from a ticket machine when you get to Temple Meads station (the ticket office will be closed at that time).

Puerto de Mazarron...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Many thanks again, I am checking it out in my local train station office.

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

Just to emphasise you need to check for the specific date of travel. The 01:37 service is on the GW Bath-Bristol-South Wales Timetable Central 7, marked as MX= Tuesday to Friday only. This ambiguous statement results in Trainline showing a service on Saturday morning as well as Tuesday to Friday, but not Sunday nor Monday (early mornings). At least Easter isn't involved.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bristol Airport to Temple Meads

I believe that there are ticket machines at the airport for trains to Temple Meads and vice versa. You could also check on www.nationalrail.com

Get answers to your questions about Bristol