We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport parking

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
airport parking

Any recommendations for cheap parking at Bristol Airport? Needed for 5 nights in January. Thanks.

151 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: airport parking

thats wrong

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: airport parking

What's wrong?

Bristol, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: airport parking

arent all car parks , whether on airport, off airport , train station car parkany carparks you park your car at owners risk.it all depends on the companies i assume to whether they take pride in thier service, who wants to damage someones car, cos all they will get is bad press ,

Swansea
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: airport parking

Please dont use WCP parking if you have any respect for your car as they DON'T.

I parked my car there for a week and on my return they had damaged the front bumper. I politely asked how i could complain and was shouted at by the staff at the carpark until one of the managers gave me an email address to contact.

On contacting them they claimed that they had an inspection card for the car that had flagged up the damage when they parked it.

Now this is a complete joke as i had never seen this before or signed an agreement to what they had flagged up and so obviously as soon as they damaged the car they got the sheet and drew the damage on there!

Will never use the place again as for a few extra pounds you can get parking that is insured and also there is very little security there and on the receipt you get it states that all vehicles are parked at your own risk!

Not exactly the kind of peace of mind you want when departing for a holiday.

Bath
2 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: airport parking

I would warn against using this company - WCP - at Bristol airport. If anything goes wrong or you wish to contact them, you will probably experience great frustration. They may be cheap but not worth the hassle in my experience.

Mark

Bath
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: airport parking

I agree - see my post above.

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: airport parking

I found the cheapest and most reliable service has was the <a href="http://www.bvpbristolairportparking.com/" target="_blank">Bristol Airport Parking</a> Service. I found the best deal everytime with these and have never had hassle with them everything has gone to plan.

devon
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: airport parking

I usually use Goblincombe Farm

never had any problems but i see that

parkandflybristol.com are £10 cheaper than Goblin these days

any thoughts?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: airport parking

WARNING!! DO NOT USE WCP PARKING!!

Yeah, they seem cheap when you search for Bristol Airport Parking on the Internet... trust me it is not worth it!

The whole procedure from start to finish was PAINFUL! We eventually found it, after trying to follow wrong directions off the printout with a SATNAV. Then we arrived at a very rough looking car-park hidden behind a mushroom farm. The cannibalised old van with no wheels set on bricks in the entrance should of been an indication of what was to come... I went in to the disgusting & filthy port-a-cabin to hand in my keys and was met with the most sour faced ignorant young woman, who made you feel like you were interrupting her otherwise important business of chain smoking in the doorway whilst chatting loudly on her phone or texting. We were told the 'bus' would be here to pick us up in 5 mins, so sat on a rickety old picnic bench outside for about 20 mins waiting. Eventually we heard the old banger coming up the drive and the driver opened the doors for us to get in and put our own bags in the back. The driver promptly disappeared somewhere in the furthest reaches of the car park and started fiddling around with a car. This went on for another 15 mins, and we started to worry about getting to the airport on time, (thank goodness that we had allowed so much extra time). When we asked the next driver who turned up when would we be leaving because we had already been there for quite a while, the guy was really rude and said we should just wait (in the skanky old 'bus'). Finally we got going when the first guy decided to eventually come back to the bus.

On the homeward journey we were very apprehensive about what was awaiting us! The bus didn't take too long to turn up, but there was no organisation, and it was a bit 'first come, first served'. A young couple arrived with a baby just as we were loading up and was told they would have to wait.

It was pandemonium back at the car park, with people trying to get their cars out and ques. When it was my turn to pick my keys up from the miserable receptionist, I was told where my car was with no offer of direction or bag carrying. What a shock we got when we saw my car, it was covered in filth, leafs, sandy dust and tar-like bird poo (which I had real trouble getting off later!). It looked like one of those cars you see abandoned on road sides after being stolen!

HIDEOUS! Please spread the word about how rubbish these careless cowboys are, and put off as many people from using them as possible! We found out later that they have earned the nickname of 'Wot Crap Parking!'

We just arrived back from Scotland on the plane at Bristol and used Bristol Valet Parking instead, who pick your car up from the airport and give you the pound for the meter on the way out, Lovely!! so convenient and friendly, a complete contrast! Definitely worth the extra money.

Any good reviews you read about WCP must have been written by themselves, as they cant possibly be true!

Wales
Level Contributor
697 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: airport parking

Wish I had found this site before I booked WCP this morning...wish I had also read cancellation policy....no refund but cancel if you like....

Not usually stupid, but stupid is what stupid does...

It was no problem when I had a clapped out old Volvo, used to wish someone would take it....but my lovely little car is not sleeping in that dodgy car park,,,,,

Assume I cant do a thing about it except cancel and wave bye bye to my money....

Oh well its better than waving bye bye to a nice car...must get over this habit of trying to shave a couple of quid off the price ...will never do it again...

Reply to: airport parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted