We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport parking

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
airport parking

Any recommendations for cheap parking at Bristol Airport? Needed for 5 nights in January. Thanks.

173 replies to this topic
Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: airport parking

Now we have our beloved camper van back safely in our drive,we can have a bit of a chuckle about the completely totally 'Wot Crap Parking' organisation! We were so excited about our holiday we didn't take much notice of the long grey haired miserable bloke who drove us to the airport in a van stright out of only fools and horses. Neither did we worry about our van too much as we have got kind of used toparking in off site airport parking. However, don't you just see things more clearly when you return to a gray,cold bristol airport? this time the same crappy van picked us up but this time driven by a miserable, rude and totally lazy woman, who stood texting on her phone whilst we put our bags in the back. Neither did she grunt a word on the way back to the car park, which was when the fun really began! My husband, a very laid back man at the best of times was driven to near boiling point when commenting on their lack of customer service when the chain smoking miserable woman behind the counter threw the keys at him. We then found our beloved van behind another car, and blocked in on both sides. Another neanderthal moron eventually came out and looked incredulous at the mere suggestion that he may need to move other cars in order for our van to escape the hell hole he'd been subjected to for two weeks.

So what do you get for your discounted price? A manky looking yard, cars not looked after, morons driving them (that one has caused me nightmares, as surely they don't have the IQ to drive?), a car park which is nigh on impossible to find with their directions, (the directions are even out of date as one of the landmarks on their doesn't exist!) and one that is twenty minutes drive in a disgusting mini bus from the air port, somewhere where you feel like you are putting them out to collect you. And finally from my 9 year old, somewhere where 'your dad says bless you when they sneezed and they didn't say thakyou'!! Sums up their total rudeness.

NEVER AGAIN!!

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: airport parking

WCP Parking

DO NOT USE!

I used this service with my family of five (kids aged 5,3 and 1).

On arrival to the UK (landed at midnight) we followed the instructions and were advised to make our way to the express pick up area where there would be a bus in 10 minutes. Twenty minutes later and the bus eventually arrived but not known to us there were already three families waiting for the 8 seater bus. We couldn't get on the bus so had to wait for the next one which turned up 40 minutes after the first call. I phoned the number and complained (the kids were cold and tired) and received the response "you can get a taxi at your expense". There was no understanding or sympathy and the person was very rude. I challenged the person at the reception who would not give me his name and advised me to complain by email.

I wrote a lengthy email expalining the situation and have just received a two line response with the words in bold "FREE SHUTTLE BUS" and I could use it or not!

The outward journey wasn't mush better - we were delayed as the driver managed to trap a customer's fingers in the door. Whilst this was unfortunate we then had to wait an extra 40 minutes to an hour to depart.

I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Edited: 31 August 2011, 20:35
swindon
2 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: airport parking

WCP Parking Bristol

DO NOT USE, have damage to car which has caused it to be written off at my own expense.

When I called WCP to discuss the damage caused to my car, was greeted by a very rude woman who basically called me a liar.

This is currently with police, be very aware of the mileage, and condition of your car before you park and when you collect. Check car very carefully when you pick up. NOT TO BE TRUSTED, NOT A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. THEY HAVE CCTV, why not just investigate your enquirie.

swindon
2 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: airport parking

Stay well clear of WCP, poor service, very rude people.

Damaged my car and refuse to take resposibility!!

Edited: 07 September 2011, 23:48
Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: airport parking

I note that Park and Fly has the same address as WCP. Does that mean I should avoid both?

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: airport parking

Oh and easyparking has the same address as WCP too! Sounds dodgy to have one place with 3 different business names.

Taunton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
47. Re: airport parking

Hmm im seeing a trend i wish i had googled WCP before going on our holidays. We used WCP about a month ago whilst we went on a trip to ireland for a week. And upon return guess what? Lovely big dent in the wing! reported it to the office and managed to get a very poor photocopy of the damage sheet that was filled in when i droped the veichle off. did try to get a written statement of liability but as toled in no uncertain terms to f-off! Was given a couple of email addresses to contact but guess what no reply! have now taken it up with insurance company so they can be ignored instead of me. WCP are the worst parking company ever! oh also they somehow put 30 miles on the car!

Crickhowell, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: airport parking

It has to be goblin Combe farm. I've used them almost weekly for four years and they are brilliant.

When I damaged a tyre on the badly maintained approach road, Roger

kindly changed my wheel by the time I returned.

I've tried the others - enough said!

Devon, UK
1 post
Save Reply
49. Re: airport parking

When booking Bristol Airport Parking Long Stay over the Internet be aware that you may be redirected to parkandflybristol.com.

They are using exact wording for Bristol Airport Parking as its operator. You will think that you are booking The Long Stay parking, while you will be charged for some parking somewhere in the meadows... You will only discover this after coming back because you will be not able to leave the Long Stay and would have to pay huge amount for service to Bristol Airport Parking (on top of the Internet charge paid to parkandflybristol.com).

The Long Stay parking attendant told me that because parkandflybristol.com is using Bristol Airport Parking name as an “Internet business practice” they have to deal with mislead customers every day and night. It is good for the “business” because customers pay twice: to parkandflybristol.com and to Bristol Airport Parking.

Without clear explanation on the Internet search engines this two organizations would be taking advantage of customers who will have to pay twice for service and go through stress of trying to understand who rip them off (lawfully) in the middle of the rainy night at the parking at Bristol Airport.

Shame and ruined vacation...

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
858 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: airport parking

I hope you have sent a copy of this to the manager at Bristol airport... companies can't afford to let their good name and reputation be ruined by scandals like this, The parking by be a franchise but it still has the airports name.

Reply to: airport parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted