We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July

Stuttgart, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July

Hi,

I have booked 2 tickets to go to the Duxford Air Show to see the Spitfire in July of this year. I was wondering if there are any good and cheap B&B's close to there where we can stay for one night. I would really appreciate the replies. We will be getting a flight into Stansted Airport so want to be near both the airport and the B&B. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July

Hi, there's a Holiday inn at Whittlesford Parkway which is right next to the train station which you can use to get to and from the airport by changing at Bishops Stortford onto the stopping train and then get a taxi or something from there, but be aware traffic can get manic around an air show.

I'm also suggesting this for ease of access back to the airport etc, sometimes there is engineering work on that line so do check http://www.greateranglia.co.uk to check. The one small problem I think you may have staying in Duxford, is that Stagecoach removed stops there and Whittlesford from the c7 route which you could use to get between the two, this has been replaced by a far less frequent 7a service starting in of all places the park and ride site at Babrham Road and passing through that area.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July

For a general list of B & B's in the area:

www.bnbselect.com

www.bedandbreakfast.co.uk

Or, more specific to Duxford:

www.duxfordlodgehotel.co.uk

Duxford is about 15 miles north of the airport. You would probably need to take a cab.

UK
Level Contributor
5,946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July

If you're going to Flying Legends then you've probably left it too late to book any nearby hotels... accommodation usually gets booked up many months in advance for the event. You're unlikely to find anything in Duxford itself or in any of the surrounding villages, and you may well have to look at Cambridge... or stay at one of the airport hotels at STN, though it's possible that a lot of other people will have thought of that already.

If you're not going to Legends (but just visiting the airfield on a normal day) then try the Red Lion at Whittlesford, or the Fourwentways Travelodge. The Red Lion is within walking distance (though it's a long walk), the Travelodge is about five minutes away by taxi.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 00:50
Reply to: Cheap B&B near Duxford Airfield in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cambridgeshire