We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American War Cemetery

Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
American War Cemetery

My wife and I will travel to Cambridge on Apr 17 this year and want to visit the AMERICAN WAR CEMETERY at Madingley. How far is the cemetery from Cambridge? How is the cemetery reached from Cambridge?

Thanks.

Singing Raccoon

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American War Cemetery

The cemetary is alongside the main Bedford - St Neots - Cambridge road. It is only a 15 minute drive from Cambridge. I would suggest getting an agreed rate from a local taxi firm or maybe hiring a car and having a look round some local villages.

Jane

x

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American War Cemetery

The open top bus tour of Cambridge includes the cemetery. You can get off and catch a later bus back. It's well worth it. There could well be bluebells in the adjacent woods, too, when you're there. Be sure to check and walk through.

Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American War Cemetery

Thanks.

Cambridgeshire, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American War Cemetery

The tours are are operated by Guide Friday, which has its own Tourism Centre at Cambridge Railway Station. Not only will they sell you the tickets for the tour but they will also provide you with leaflets, maps and guides.

Roger

Get answers to your questions about Cambridge