We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding venue

London, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding venue

My daughter is getting married in Cambridge in summer 2007 and we are looking for a nice venue for the wedding and the reception (not too expensive!)Anyone know of a nice country house or hotel preferably north of the city or city centre?

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding venue

You'kll find a large selection of venues at

civil-wedding-venues.co.uk/…20venues.htm

The position in the UK is that you can only marry in a civil wedding at a licensed premise. You need to check with Cambridge Register Office for an up-to-date list of venues and the things you have to do.

One possible alternative for you to consider is to have the actual wedding in a Register Office for a minimal cost and then go to a nice venue for the reception. Or of course you can do the whole thing at the licensed venue, most or all of them offer catering facilities. Expect most of them to be on the expensive side.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding venue

Hi,

How about one of the colleges? I'm getting married in Sept at Corpus and they're being fantastic, really helpful, recommending suppliers, set up food tasting etc etc.

Wimpole Hall (National Trust)also a gorgeous setting (just outside Cambridge). Ickworth Park is stunning (National Trust also), that also has accommodation. In Cambridge, best bet is the colleges. The hotels, i would avoid as they're a bit hit and miss.

If you want to know any good suppliers etc, i'm happy to provide a list!!!

Good luck!

Kirsty