We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to Cambridge

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels to Cambridge

Hi there,

I'm thinking about doing a short trip from Brussels to Cambridge and was wondering what the quickest/easiest/cheapest way would be.

I found somewhere on the forum that I'd best first take the Eurostar to London and then the train to Cambridge, but as this post was from 2010, I wanted to recheck.

I know flying is a hassle, but I've never taken the Eurostar before and I know it's had it's share of infrastructural problems and strikes. I'm not scared of flying, but taking the train under the canal... :-)

Don't quite know when I'll be going. Probably somewhere in summer.

I'll do a price comparison for train and Eurostar already.

Thanks for any help!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels to Cambridge

Definitely Eurostar will be the easiest. When you arrive in London at St pancras station, it is only a 5 minute walk next door to Kings Cross to get a direct train to Cambridge, 50 minutes away. You can probably get a through ticket on the train from Brussels, I did this the other way when I was a student (and should probably have been studying...)

If you fly to Heathrow, it would then take 3 hours on the bus to get from Heathrow to Cambridge. Probably as long as the entire train journey The nearest airport is Stansted, so if you can get a cheap flight there you could try flying.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels to Cambridge

Well the quickest is certainly by Eurostar to London St Pancras station, which is ajacent to London Kings Cross station for trains to Cambridge. Not sure where this canal is you are talking about - Eurostar goes under the English Channel, just about as far away as you can get from a canal! Contrary to what you are saying, it normally is a reliable service and has no infrastructure problems. I'm not sure flying is ever going to be better than Eurostar, as Cambridge is not particularly convenient by public transport to any airport.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels to Cambridge

Lol, I meant the Channel, mixed my English up with my Dutch:)

Eurostar it will be!

And I'll look into Stansted as well, but I don't think I can get a flight there from Brussels.

Thanks for the help!

Might get back here with more questions once the trip becomes a bit more concrete:)

4. Re: Brussels to Cambridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:17