We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Cambridge Parking

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help Cambridge Parking

Hello ,I booked a hotel in premier inn near Cambridge and will be driving to Cambridge to see the city . I plan to get hop-on hop-off city sightseeing bus .

Where can I park in the city on Saturday ,Sunday or Monday ?

Some on the forums say to use park and ride as there is a city seeing bus stopping there ?

please some advise

thank you

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

P + R is significantly cheaper than city centre parking and costs £2.60/£2.90 whereas the Grand Arcade car park in the city centre costs £25 if you park for more than 5 hours. You can park for free on the street on Sundays - if you know where to go/get there early enough/don't mind walking in to town.

The HoHo bus is scarcely worthwhile in Cambridge which has a very compact/easy to walk city centre. It is only of use if you want to see the American Cemetery out at Madingley.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Leave your car at the Premier Inn and take the bus , Most of the interesting places are all within reasonable walking distance .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

can I park my car at park and ride and take the hop on hop off bus or do I have to go to the center to take that bus

I m staying in a Peterborough premier inn which is near the motorway so I have to drive to cambridge

London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Drive in and use the Madingley or Milton Park and Ride, it's £2.60 return, I'm not sure how old you are, but if you have an OAP pass, the bus is free and small children travel free. HO/HO definitely not worth it, just go for a nice walk round the colleges along the backs and through town.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
732 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

If you are travelling in from Peterborough, the Madingley park & ride is a little tricky to get to,

the M11 only has a half junction at j11 and its not in your favour, you will have to either go through the villages or into Cambridge and head out again. Far easier to continue on the M11 to J11

.turn towards Cambridge and the Trumpington park and ride is immediately on your left

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Sorry Man City Fan thought you were staying in Cambridge. Park and Rides at either Madingley or Trumpington are you best bet.

I rate Colin Bell , best City player ever in my opinion ,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

hello guys thank you for ur reply .I am staying on Peterborough (Norman Cross A1(M), J16)

I like taking hop on hop off buses as its chilled out without having to look for attractions.

I suppose its gonna have to be madingley road or trumpington park and ride please help e decide

PS @ ally_pally : lol do I really look that old in the pic to have an oap buss pass :) im only 30 and my girlfriend is a student so she can get a discount :)

Mattheyw yeah you are rite Colin Bell was a legent

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Madingley Road P and R is not accessible for you as you can only access it from the M11 from the south. Trumpington Is two junctions further down the M11 and is accessible. Alternatively use Milton P and R off the A14.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Can you tell me why is madingley road not accessible ?That's what google map say:

Driving directions to CB3 0EX, UK

Norman Cross PE7 3TB

UK

1. Head southwest on London Rd/​A15

0.3 mi

2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A1(M) ramp to London/​Huntingdon

0.3 mi

3. Merge onto A1 (M)

9.4 mi

4. Continue onto A14

15.8 mi

5. Slight left onto Huntingdon Rd/​A14 (signs for Cambridge/​A1307/​A10/​Ely/​Felixstowe/​Harwich/​Newmarket)

Continue to follow Huntingdon Rd

2.4 mi

6. Turn right onto Storey's Way

0.2 mi

7. Turn left to stay on Storey's Way

0.4 mi

8. Turn right onto Madingley Rd/​A1303

Destination will be on the right

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Cambridge Parking

Hi,

The park and ride closes at 8pm, and I think it's cheaper to buy the ticket from the machine at the park and ride site than on the bus I think up to 40p less so its worth the saving.

By the way, you can also get the uni 4 to Silver Street, a short walk from the end of Kings Parade, not sure if that's cheaper than the park and ride bus but it does stop in an odd place but may be cheaper.

Get answers to your questions about Cambridge