We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Drogheda
Level Contributor
79 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

I will be in Cambride soon & would be grateful for suggestions for a good restaurant within walking distance from Gonville Place

Thanks!

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

The Oak Bistro is within 5 minutes' walk. Highly rated on TA. Le Gros Franck is an excellent French bistro going south wards down Hills Road towards the railway station. Going eastwards along Parkers Piece and then East Road, Cotto is one of the best restaurants in town. Going northwards into the city centre you will find lots of restaurants within 5-10 minutes' walk - we have enjoyed Da Luca. plenty to choose from!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

I agree with UrsaMinora De Luca is very good and less than 5 minutes away ...Along that stretch of Regent St there are so many eating establishments representing many different countries..

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

The Oak Bistro has always been good whenever I've gone.

Yim Wah Express was good when I went, but I've only tried it once. Salt and pepper frog's legs.... mmmmm!

Whatever you do, don't accidentally go in Tito Kiko to eat. It's fine for drinks but the tapas is terrible.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

If you take a 5-10 min walk down Regent Street (which is adjacent to the road Gonville Place Hotel is at) then there are plenty of restaurants.

If you fancy a chinese or noodle restuarant then there are two:- Charlie Chan's and Wagamama's. I like both they do good food. Wagamama's is more modern in terms of style i.e. it has benches rather than chairs.

If you fancy a burger than on the same road there is the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It is reasonable meal.

Nearest to Gonville place is Curry Kitchen. If you fancy an Indian. I've never been in there so cannot comment on it.

Or if you prefer a good pub meal with plenty of choice then go to The Regal, which is the largest pub in england! This is also in Regent Street.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
82 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

If you fancy trying out some good pubs then you are not far from the Free Press (just across Parker's Piece - a small park and more or less behind the Police Station (I'm sure the hotel can direct you to it). Good for a drink and has a charming and non-smoking courtyard garden. Don't eat there though. The Free Press is practically next door to two other pubs - The Elm Tree (many different beers) and The First and Last which has really good Thai food. Still tastes in pubs differ, I see another poster likes The Regal - it's very large, very loud and enjoyed by a much younger set. You are also near to the Tram Depot (just off East Road) where on Sunday nights there is an excellent, and free, jazz quartet playing.

You won't be short of places within five minutes' walk

hope you enjoy

6. Re: Good Restaurant near Gonville Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Cambridge