We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duxford

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midway, Kentucky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
duxford

Does the museum still offer flights in the dehavilland dehavilland prop?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duxford

We think we watched a DH Rapide approach to land a couple of weeks ago.

www.duxfordflying.co.uk/index.php?pageid=588

Edited: 22 July 2013, 23:30
Midway, Kentucky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: duxford

thank you for the information. We were at Duxford several years ago and that flight was the highlight of my husband's trip. We are coming to England again in Sept and his brother is joining us. I hope they get to fly again.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duxford

Yes they do - the operators are Classic Wings. De Havilland Rapide and a Moth of some kind have been in operation for years but they have expanded the range recently.

Last weekend at least they were offering to have a Spit fly in formation with your Rapide - which was a new one I had not seen before (looks like it is restricted dates from the website) and obviously a lot more expensive given the pilot time and the cost of putting a Spit up....

Their website is here

http://www.classic-wings.co.uk

Midway, Kentucky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: duxford

Thanks for the link.

5. Re: duxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:16