We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left luggage service in cambridge

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
left luggage service in cambridge

read online that there is left luggage service at Cycle Hire shop in cambridge, however the store has been closed since last month.

Any recommendation for alternatives?

thank you so much!

22 replies to this topic
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Since there is no other facility at the Station, have you thought about looking for accommodation that will let you leave your luggage for a period of time? I'm not sure you're going to have many alternatives, sadly.

Just for example, this guesthouse states it has facility to store luggage

booking.com/hotel/gb/parkview-guesthouse.en-…

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

I dont know anywhere that provides that service now in Cambridge

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

thanks for the info!

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Hi I'm planning to visit Cambridge soon too and have this same question with luggage storage. Have you figured out a way to do so? Thanks a lot!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

It is now February 2015 and there is still nowhere to leave luggage if you want to spend a day in Cambridge. For such a popular tourist destination it is disgraceful. I live in Spain but have family in the Fens and want to shop between flying in and travelling on. When I find a solution to this I will post it. What a nuisance!!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Nowhere comes to mind, have you asked the tourist information centre? The only place I could have suggested is closed.

Dundee
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Hi,

I found this place: visitcambridge.org/shopping/cambridge-statio… . I'm hoping they are open this Sunday. I'm hoping to leave my luggage there as the guest house I'm staying at (Lantern House) has a no left luggage policy.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Too late to help you, probably (for which I apologise) but this place has shut now and the building torn down as part of the Station approach improvements. As I say, probably too late for you but may help others in the future..

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Agree completely with Jean P (comment 5). I have had to tell several visiting friends in recent months to avoid Cambridge because there is no left luggage facility.

Edited: 22 April 2015, 13:47
Leuven, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: left luggage service in cambridge

Apparently there is another Station Cycles at other location in the shopping centre Grand Arcade and their website says they have luggage drop off. Could someone confirm that? Is it only for customers because I’m not planning on renting a bike?

stationcycles.co.uk/index.php/grand-arcade/

Reply to: left luggage service in cambridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cambridge