We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Camas, Washington
6 posts
Save Topic
cambridge tour, which one?

first time to Cambridge. plane to spend the whole day

I see some tours on the website, not sure which one is the most interesting one. We just want to go all of these places. BTW, we will book Punting Tour.

2 Hr Tour inc. King's College (plus Queens' if available)

Guided Tour incl. King's College (plus Pembroke if available)

Cambridge Official Fitzwilliam Museum Tour

Cambridge Official Tour of Corpus Christi & the Parker Library

Edited: 11 July 2014, 06:56
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cambridge tour, which one?

You come to Cambridge for the colleges, not the Fitz museum, so I would skip that.

Google the colleges - see if Kings or Corpus most appeals. Remember you will see 'The backs', including the mathematical bridge at Queens (no, it wasn't built by Newton, no it was never built without nails) on your punt trip.

By the way, punting is easier than it looks. Hire your own punt and take a picnic, it's fun.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cambridge tour, which one?

I would just hop on the Double decker red tourist bus , then hop off whenever it suits you .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
753 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cambridge tour, which one?

I'd choose Kings & Queens, out of these, you might also consider Trinity or St Johns. I wouldn't consider the hop on hop off bus tour as it isn't allowed into the historic centre of the City as its pedestrianised.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
86 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cambridge tour, which one?

I would take the blue badge walking tour from the tourist office for a good overview or the hop on/hop off bus. some recent visitors of mine did the bus tour and certainly picked up a lot of facts about Cambridge. True it doesn't go through the historic centre but you can hop off and walk. It will also take you out to the American Cemetery which is a moving experience.

Depends what you are interested in, of course, but the Fitzwilliam is one of the finest museums in the country and if you are interested in art or artefacts it will have something you'll be pleased you saw. I would just pick up a guide leaflet at the entrance and cherry pick - especially if you are here just for one day.

Hope you enjoy your visit

5. Re: cambridge tour, which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cambridge