We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

I'm wondering if there are any nice cycle routes in and/or around Cambridge. I'd like info on any, ones that take a day or an hour - just really looking for some nice scenery/pubs to visit!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

I know there's at least one National Cycle route that goes through the town--I think its 51 or 52. The short ride down to Grantham (I think that's the name, starts with G for surer!) along the river is pleasant and I believe there's a good pub there. If interested there's a route that leads over to Newmarket through some pretty scenery and if you're early enough you'll see the horses strolling through town after their exercise.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

The guided busway cycle path , best cycling in the county . Go to St Ives , drink etc, then cycle back .

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,499 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

Hi and welcome,

Sustrans has maps of hundreds of cycle routes. I put "Cambridge into the search box. You could change it to Cambridgeshire for longer routes

www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map…

Bob

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

I think you are talking Grantchester which there is a shared foot/cycle path from Newnham to the village.

5. Re: Best cycle routes in and around Cambridge town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17