We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgian House

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Georgian House

When I used to visit Alderney years ago I used to stay at the Georgian House, is it still in business? Good place to stay??

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgian House

Hi PennyW,

it has closed now, i used to work there in 2003, but i hear that it has now been closed. Why not try the Harbour Lights or the Braye Beach

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgian House

Thanks very much for the reply! Will probably look at somewhere else in town as the hill presents a bit of a challenge late on... visit now put off until the autumn so plenty of time to research. Thanks again.

Alderney
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgian House

The Georgian House Hotel was only closed for a short while but has been trading for years, go to www.georgianhousealderney.com

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgian House

Have tried emailing and phoning without success. Any current news?

Crediton, Devon
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgian House

Must have caught them on a bad day. I booked an event on the first phone call.

Edited: 20 July 2010, 14:42
Crediton, Devon
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgian House

Must have a caught them on a bad day. I booked an event on the first phone call.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgian House

We did call into the Georgian when on the island at the weekend, it seemed very quiet, in fact completely closed up on the Sunday when we walked past. Glad we arranged to stay at Braye, the town looked pretty depressing which is a shame.

We did hear it is about to close, hopefully someone can make a go of it.

8. Re: Georgian House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 04:15