We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

Reading, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

Can anyone recommend any well paved walks for a family with a buggy and a mobility scooter please ?We're going to the island with my 8 month old and also my mother in law, who has reduced mobility, but I would still like to go on a walk or two so any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

Hi Abby

you can access the majority of the east coast from the Aquarium and Bathing pools through to St Sampsons quite easily as it is paved throughout. The south coast is mostly cliff paths so much more difficult and much of the west coast is unpaved although there are patches paved.

Ive attached a link for your regarding general access disabledgo.com/organisations/guernsey/main

Please respond if you need any more information and I really hope you enjoy your stay.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

I love an evening stroll on Jerbourg Road, all the way up to the end.

Along the beaches of the north and west coast should be doable as well ....

As for the cliff coast (other than Jerbourg Point) I think Icart Point is a lovely accessible spot as well, with great views.

The country lanes down there are cute too ... (but there will be some cars passing by)

Edited: 26 August 2014, 20:34
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

Hi Abby,

You could also try heading down to Portelet, a beach on the south-west tip of the island, near the Imperial Hotel.

The coast road beyond Portelet is closed to traffic and continues for a few hundred metres, making a nice walk with plenty of fresh air and sea views.There's a small fort at the end of the road which some members of the family can explore, whereas you can also get teas and ice creams and the like at the kiosk by Portelet beach.

4. Re: Walks for buggies and mobility scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Guernsey
Recent Conversations