We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years Eve in Jersey - help!

uk
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
New years Eve in Jersey - help!

Hi there

Thinking of going to Jersey for New year this year and have seen some not bad prced flights and hotels.

My question is - as a young couple (both 25) will me and my girlfriend be able to find some bars to drink in that don't need tickets. I know that at new year a lot of places are tickt only and obviously me and the mrs would just want to turn up and explore the area ourselves,

Can any residents or new years eve goers recommend jersey as a possible destination?

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years Eve in Jersey - help!

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately most if not all of the bars will be ticket only on New Years Eve, and you would have to rely on being lucky and finding one where not everyone has shown up or they haven't sold out.

You could perhaps research some of the bars and clubs and contact them to buy tickets before you arrive? What kind of thing are you looking for? Chambers in St Helier is always a good bet for a nice atmosphere. They have a live band and are open until 2am. Otherwise there are clubs such as La Cala, Liquid & Platinum which are just straightforward music and dancing and will probably be open until 3am New Years.

Otherwise some of the big hotels will do a New Years dinner and entertainment that might be an option for you. Often at these things you are seated on large tables so will automatically have a bunch of new people to talk to.

Please ask if you need any further advice

uk
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New years Eve in Jersey - help!

Hi Bectoria

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I think we'd prefer somewhere fairly lively with music but not somewhere full of chavs! (do u have chavs in jersey?!) Prob would n't do the hotel/dinner/meal as that is a bit too formal for me.

could you reccommend any late bars/nightclubs for this kind of night out? Also, the mrs is a vegetarian so would you be able to reccommend a good veggie restaurant in st helier for new years eve too? I guess booking would be pretty important then too.

Thanks again!

Matt

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New years Eve in Jersey - help!

Hi Matt.

I understand your feeling about chavs and you'll be pleased to know we don't have nearly as many as you'd find anywhere else. Having said that I would (personally) avoid Platinum and Pure nightclubs if I were you. If you like live music then Chambers is your best bet, tickets are usually £10-£12 and bookable in advance - 01534 735405. I know the band that are playing there this year and there should be a great party atmosphere. If it's just general music and dancing you're after then try La Cala or Liquid nightclubs. You can check out La Cala (my favourite of the 2) at www.lacala.je.

As for a restaurant the Green Olive in St Helier is 'Veggie Friendly' and by all accounts very good. www.greenoliverestaurant.co.uk

If you need anything else please ask! :)

Jersey, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New years Eve in Jersey - help!

NYE - Depends on what you want Live Band, then Chambers, if you wan't Dance music, Pure it will have to be, some chavs but not too many, or If you are after a livley bar/club then it would have to be the Drift @ the Royal Yaght, DJ's dancing and drinking.

A word of warning Jersey is not all that exciting on NYE, we do not have the same level of "entertainment" as with other major cities.

If you really like to "party" go else where.

Jersey is a much better place in the summer

5. Re: New years Eve in Jersey - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations