We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiring a car

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
hiring a car

hi there,

we are a couple going to St Helier in July and would like to explore the area. Can anyone recommend a car hire company and do you have to book in advance?

If we went to visit France by ferry for the day is it advisable to have the car..?

Many thanks x

Lesley x

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiring a car

Hi Lesley

We have always used europe car for our trips to Jersey and found them to be one of the cheapest,

untill someone posted up easycar.com as a recommendation on this forum. I have saved nearly £20 by booking with them for our trip in June this year against europcar ! They did have a special offer on at the time but even so they do seem to be one of the cheapest . Avis had some good offers too!!There is usually a reduction in the price if you book online.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiring a car

thanks very much for giving me a start!. will go online and see what offers are available.

regards.

lesley x

Coventry
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiring a car

Hi

I have booked a Ford Focus (5 door, aircon) for 1 week form jersey airport online via Easy Car for less than £100. They have advised the care will actually be supplied by Avis which is reassuring. Even better value if you get onto Easy Car via a cashback site. Before I got this deal I used the financial 'bible' that is the money saving expert website. Too late I realised that I didn't need the excess insurance which I had bought separately to Easy car as I was covered on my credit card.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hiring a car

Also worth checking local companies like Zebra - www.zebrahire.com

No need to take a car to France for the day - loads to see and do in St Malo. Anyway, hire car companies don't usually allow you to take them off island.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hiring a car

Also have a look at www.carrentals.co.uk

It doesn't list all the "household names" but will give you a fairly long list to compare against.

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hiring a car

Hi

We always use Avis and have always been happy with the rate and the service.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hiring a car

thanks to all who replied xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. Re: hiring a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 10:19