We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

stafford uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

hi any tips on looking for a cheap flight to Jersey for end of august ive more or less got accomadation sorted via hoseasons but they dont do flights .any suggestions

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

Bmibaby fly from East Midlands and Birmingham and their prices aren't too bad if booked in advance.

stafford uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

Thanks , will take a look i was quoted over a thousand via expedia !

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

Flybe fly from BHX to Jersey. Be careful of the "optional extras" on their website (checked in bags, seatings, travel insurance) debit cards are cheaper than credit cards as payment.

To be honest even though it is April - you are quite late in booking for the summer hols as Flybe released their summer timetable in Nov 08, so it may be hard to find a bargain unless you are very flexible (prepared to fly midweek/on the red eye etc)

stafford uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

hi thanks what does the red eye mean, also ive always taken the ferry but the kids hated it last year so im really new to booking flights and also confused as to all the added extras such as travel insurance is it worth getting my own insurance,advice would be appreciated

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

Hi sandonia

My advice would be to go to www.moneysavingexpert.com click onto Travel&Transport then scroll down to Flight Checker click on that and just follow the instructions. It is full of info and will also advise you about travel insurance - I would say that taking out seperate insurance to your flight tickets is usually a lot cheaper.

Do have a look, its a fantastic web site and I'm sure will help wth lots of your questions !!

Red Eye means the very late night or very early morning flights ... never the most pleasant times to travel !!

stafford uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

ok thank you for that ,i will take a look im also suprised that you have to pay for each piece of luggage ,maybe im living in the dark ages, that ive always taken the ferry and just filled the car !!!!!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

This is the so called 'cheap' no frills Budget Airlines for you !! The idea being that you get cheaper flights and anything else you want you pay for !!

The hand luggage allowance has been increased so when we go away (just me and my Husband) we try and take as much as we can in hand baggage then just the one case in the Hold between us.

I know its harder for a family but if you all carry on as much as you can it might help to keep the cases down !!!

Good Luck . It'll all be worth it when you get to Jersey !!!!

stafford uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

many thanks ive got some work to do !!!but we all have to look after the pounds now ,thank you

9. Re: cheap flights to jersey from the midlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Jersey