We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersey Pass

UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Jersey Pass

Hello

I wonder if anyone has any experience of the Jersey Pass. Did they find it meant rushing about to save the money.

Can you buy it on the island as we go tomorrow (last minute question!) but would probably only get value out of it if the weather were poor. We are only on the island from Monday to Thursday and if the weather is ok will probably be relaxing outside for quite a bit of the time.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
760 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jersey Pass

I've never heard of a Jersey Pass so if I was you I wouldn't lose any sleep and just ignore it! The weather is forecast to be OK, not baking hot but pleasant with maybe one or two showers. I agree with your comment that it will hopefully be a time to relax outside with a glass or two of wine and no thoughts of rushing about to get value for money from a pass! If you mean a bus pass to cover transport during your time here, it would mean rushing around in four days whereas I would prefer to pay a little bit more and do as much or as little as you want. If you need any specific information before you leave tomorrow, get back to us. Hope you have a lovely time!!

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jersey Pass

If you don't plan to visit the attractions unless the weather is poor, I wouldn't bother with The Jersey Pass. But if you do plan to visit the attractions anyway, it's not too difficult to get good value from the pass. Many of the pass sites are around £10 entry normally, and Durrell (a must for me!) is nearly £13.

So, yes, it can be good value, but I wouldn't plan your trip round it. There's plenty of views, beaches, shops, cafes and bars that will take up your time :)

You can indeed buy the pass on the island, from the Tourism office in St. Helier. This way you can see how the weather is before you commit to buying the pass! No need to panic about ordering one before you go.

Whatever you do, have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jersey Pass

Thanks for the help. Weather looks poor on the weather.co.uk but better on BBC site. I will go with BBC one!!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jersey Pass

There is actually such a thing as a Jersey pass:

http://www.jerseypass.com/

And I think you'll find this site is usually more spot on that the BBC, as it's by Jersey Met

www.thisisjersey.com/lifestyle/weather-5-day/

Not that bad at all.... :D

http://www.jerseymet.gov.je/

In Guernsey there is a local number you can phone to get a 24 hour weather forecast, which is updated every so many hours. I'm sure Jersey has the same service? It's a great tool to help plan your day and it only costs 20 p per call. Does anyone know the Jersey number for this forecast?

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Guernsey
Guernsey
Channel Islands, UK
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jersey Pass

O, and have a great time!!

UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jersey Pass

Just back and had a great time!

Thanks for all the help.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jersey Pass

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Did you buy a Jersey Pass in the end?

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jersey Pass

No not this time.

9. Re: Jersey Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey