We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Martin

Ilkley, West...
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Martin

I plan to camp with my family (children aged 11 and 7) in August this year. It seems that the majority of the campsites are in the Saint Martin area (except Rose Farm Campsite which appears to have terrible reviews). Very little is said on the forum about Saint Martin. Clearly most people head for St Brelade, St Aubin and St Hellier. Has Saint Martin got anything at all going for it?

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Martin

St Martin is one of the Parishes in Jersey. Each Parish has a local shop, a Church and a pub! Wherever you are camping in Jersey you will need access to a car. Rose Farm is in St. Brelade and is about a 15 minute walk down hill to St. Brelade's Bay. Can't comment on the campsite itself so best to follow the reviews you have read. There are 2 camp sites in St. Martin, one is in the country whilst the other Rozel Camp Site has the advantage of being countryfied but also has stunning views across the sea to France. Rozel campsite also has a swimming pool, shop and take away service and is busy in the summer season. It has ready erected tents, provision for erecting your own tent and also touring caravan pitches with all the mod cons of power, water etc. In Jersey it is best to use the camp sites as a base for heading out for day trips. Nowhere is far in Jersey and you can easily find isolated bays, have stunning cliff path walks, travel to commercial beaches (St. Brelade is probably the most well known) or visit attractions like Durrel or Gorey Castle. If the weather is good there is no better way to visit Jersey than camping and as I said, campsites are best used as a base (they are not like the big commercial South of France sites which have lots of entertainment), for a family holiday with children the age of yours I would be very surprised if you didn't have a fantatic holiday.

Ilkley, West...
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Martin

Thank you very much for your response. I feel a whole lot better!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,365 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Martin

I agree with all Bob says, except to say that actually the bus services on Jersey are not bad - there are buses all day and into the evening linking St Martin and Rozel with St Helier. But it's more difficult if you want to go from St Martin to another part of the island. So a car is preferable, but not absolutely essential, IMO.

4. Re: Saint Martin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey