We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Blackpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Hi, firstly sorry for the many questions! We are hoping to have our July honeymoon in Jersey, only 4 nights as we will be leaving 3 littles ones behind (not home alone though!!!) Would be really grateful of any advice, especially re hotel to stay at as it's such a short and special break I want everything to be perfect. We like big and small hotels, love being by the sea, perhaps a spa, oh and not MEGA bucks....not much to ask eh!? Also I'm lead to believe food in Jersey is fantastic, any must eats? Anyone tried Bohemia?

Thank you for any feedback, much appreciated Justine

derbyshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Hi Justine

I would recommend you take a look at La Haule Manor. Look at last years reviews on TA and at their website. We had a 5 day break last summer in a new suite. They also have a honeymoon suite and a new outdoor pool and hot tub.

L'Horizon Hotel at St Brelades Bay is in a great location, and it has spa and indoor pool but the reviews are a bit mixed especially if you want something really special. The Oyster Box restaurant, a few hundred yards from this hotel would be somewhere special to eat on your honeymoon.

good luck

Jonny

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Look at La Haule, The Radisson Blu, Chateau La Chaire, The Grand or perhaps the Royal Yacht. The Radisson is very modern and overlooks the marina from their terrace. Breakfasts are very good. Chateau La Chaire is in a lovely romantic setting and is a small country house hotel - you would need to book one of their superior rooms or suites but they often have deals but maybe not in July. The Grand is quite swish and has had a great refurb and the Royal Yacht is probably the in place at the moment as a hotel and with its bars but it can be very noisy on a Friday/Saturday night. Parking is a problem at the Royal Yacht.

The best place in my opinion for a honeymoon is Longueville Manor but it will be mega bucks compared to the others as will the Club Hotel and Spa which houses Bohemia. Yes, Bohemia is a great restaurant but pricey, best deals are at lunchtime. Longueville Manor for a special lunch is about £20 a head but far more expensive for dinner. Lots of other great restaurants such as Bistro Soleil in St. Aubin and my particular favourite reasonably priced dining at the moment is the Bass and Lobster in Gorey. You also have the Castle Green in Gorey and as the previous poster said, the setting of the Oyster Box in St. Brelade is lovely. Personally, I don't rave about the L'Horizon even though it has a spectacular setting. Another hotel that has excellent reviews but is probably on the expensive side is the Atlantic also in St. Brelade.

Try and whittle it down a bit to your 3 or 4 favourites after your research and in your price bracket and we will try to give more info!

wigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Another vote here for La Haule Manor. We had THE most amazing 4 days there last September for my birthday. We stayed in one of the new suites which was fabulous. The breakfast service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They even drove us to The Oyster Box on my Birthday!!

We also ate out in St Aubins and can recommend Cheffins. We had a lovely meal there. There are beautiful views from La Haule and a 2 minute walk to the beach. We did not try the swimming pool or hot tub but they looked lovely and everywhere was spotless.

Hope this has helped

Annie

Blackpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Thank you all so much for this! I have already looked at La Haule and it looks fantastic, reasonably priced too. I think Longueville Manor and Atlantic will be out of our price range, particularly as immediate family are paying so don't want to take the mickey (although I may drop a few hints ;-)

Had also marked the Grand & Club Hotel Spa and these to be coming up at a similar price to La Haule (approx 115-150 prpn). Torn between the big swish Grand and something a bit cosier. The spa looks great at the Grand which we both really enjoy. Decisions decisions...I will check out the others websites and pop back later with more specific questions next time. We are flying in monday out on friday and won't have a car, do you think this impacts on the area we stay?

Thanks all again, Justine

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

I would think seriously about hiring a car . Jersey is only small but there is plenty to see so you might be restricting yourself, wherever you stay , without one . Even if you only had one for a couple of days it would give you the independence to get out and about and explore.

Otherwise I would definately look at staying in St Helier or preferably St Aubin so that you are central to plenty of Bars and Restaurants unless you are happy to use public transport or spend most of the time at your Hotel.

I think your best bet is La Haule Manor. Its a gorgeous Hotel in a lovely location just across the road from the sea and very central with or without a car . If you were wanting to get into St Helier to Bohemia for a meal its easy to get a Taxi from St Aubin the same if you wanted to visit the Oyster Box at St Brelades - definately worth a try !!

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Also take a look at Eulah Country House - one of my favourites and something of a 'well kept secret'.

Bear in mind that you can always take yourselves to the Grand or Club Spa for a day even if you're not staying there. I did that with a friend last year and we had a marvellous time.

Bex

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

You will need a car, at least for a few days. Don't rely on the buses else you will restrict yourselves too much and not be able to visit much of the Island. If The Club Hotel, The Grand and La Haule are all a similar price do your homework carefully!!

jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

I would say if you are looking to treat yourself and visit a spa you should stay in the hotel to get the full benefit. You can use the spas as an outside guest, but only if you buy treatments. If you are staying in the hotel you can use the pool and relaxation facilities whenever you like. You should check out three hotels The Grand, The Royal Yacht and The Club ( although i think The Club has restricted times for the spa). Visit the websites and make your own mind up, all three are excellent as you will see from their trip advisor reviews.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Hi all and thanks again for your time and suggestions. I have looked a little closer at several and think the short list is

La Haule, Grand, The Club & Eulah. Currently the Grand has the edge as it will be nice to have unrestricted use of the spa basics without having to book treatments or a full day.

If we don't stay at The club we will most certainly visit Bohemia, probably for lunch. Will now have a gander at some of the restaurants suggested we like anything and everything so given the fantasic reputation for good food think we are going to be spoilt for choice!!

Also likely to book a car although given the short stay and desire to chill I'm still not 100% sure we will get full use of this

Many thanks again - still open to suggestions / ideas

Cheers Justine

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon advice - hotel and other tips?

Went to Bistro Soleil today for lunch and was disappointed. For restaurants, definitely Bohemia at lunchtime for a treat. Also, I would definitely go to Longueville Manor for lunch. At £20.50p a head it is very special and in my opinion, the overall experience is better than Bohemia but the food is on a par. Also, my in place at the moment and I just keep going back for lunch is the Bass and Lobster in Gorey - the food is stunning, Thai Ribs, the homemade burgher is to die for and the sticky toffee pudding completes a superb lunch and all for £12.50p.

The wine is £4.10p for a large glass and good quality - you just can't go wrong.

Others will suggest their favourites and I am sure suggestions will keep popping up before you leave!

Get answers to your questions about Jersey