We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

Carmarthenshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

I am planning a trio to Jersey during the easter holidays (4th - 11th). My Fiance is 30 so it's a supprise holiday as he works so hard.

We are taking our little bot who will be 20 months.

I have been looking at the Radisson Blu in St Hellier.

I ideally want a lovely hotel, by the sea or overlooking the sea, B & B with plenty of resturants and some shops within walking distance. I was hoping for an indoor pool in the hotel so if it is raining we can just spend time by the pool with our little one.

I dont know what the Radisson is like and wether it is child freindly?

Can anyone kindly suggest some hotel for us. Ideally 3 to 5 star?

Thanks!

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
984 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

Look at The Merton which will be open by then for the season. Just on the outskirts of St. Helier, a 10 minute walk and 2 minutes from Howard Davis Park. Large hotel but family friendly with lots of activities and a fun indoor pool. The food in the restaurant is very good so half board is worth considering. There is also evening entertainment in the bars. It is not overlooking the sea so the Radisson is best for that but I don't think it has a pool but the main town swimming pool is a short stroll away which is great for children as it is a family fun pool. If the sun is shining you can sit on the Radisson Terrace overlooking the marina.

The Somerville in St Aubin is very nice but only has an outside pool which may not be open that early in the season.

If you want a modern, classy hotel near the sea and a cinema, a pool a short walk away and 5 minute walk into St. Helier with the shops etc The Radisson Blu would be my choice. Go for bed and breakfast only however as there are lots of good restaurants just a short walk away. Also, from the Radisson you can walk along the seafront to St. Aubin, about an hour but very pleasant. You are also not far from the bus station and there is plenty of free parking at the hotel.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

Just to confirm that the Radisson DOES have an indoor pool, albeit a fairly small one (but plenty big enough for a 3 year old).

It has stunning seaviews and is right on the doorstep of town. For a special 30th break I would opt for the Radisson everytime, and save the Merton for a time when the little one is old enough to make use of the kids clubs etc.

Bex

Carmarthenshire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

Have now been looking at the Merton Hotel, which I think will suit our little better. Any other comments on this hotel?

jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

i think the Merton will suit you very well, it is very family orientated and the pool facilities are excellent.

St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

The latest review of the Merton is quite detailed and positive and gives a good idea of what the hotel is like:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g551617-d197…

A bit of a 'Marmite' hotel I think - some find it a bit holiday-campish and some love it. Certainly very child-friendly.

I still think you would be happier in St. Aubin at the Somerville or the Le Haule Manor, or perhaps the Harbour View - they certainly fit the bill though are not as oriented towards children as the Merton.

Edited: 09 February 2010, 22:13
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

I'd agree with Bectoria's post, so I too would go for the Radisson.

It seems to fit your initial requirements (overlooking the sea, handy for shops and restaurants, etc) much better than the Merton. The Merton is very family-oriented, but I'd also say their facilities may be better suited when your wee one is a little bit older.

If the pool in the Radisson isn't that great, you have the Aquasplash (http://www.aquasplash.je/) practically next door. Oh, and the beach :)

7. Re: Want to got to Jersey in April - but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations